For our business relation Barbecook, we are looking for a dynamic product designer:
Barbecook is an international brand celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2020 as provider of hassle-free appliances, accessories and inspiration to consumers creating good-life outdoor cooking moments. Barbecook is part of the Belgian company Saey Home & Garden that can look back at over 100years of experience in developing and marketing gas & fire related consumer products.
Barbecook is currently looking for a dynamic Product Designer/Developer.
Barbecook has been the market leader in Belgium in recent decades and can count itself among the top three in Europe. We continuously develop new products and concepts together with a dynamic marketing & sales team, thorough R&D and efficient sourcing. Product development is done in house, production is outsourced to top notch partners.
- You develop product leadership with strong products that once again strengthen the brand image.
- You design & develop a product portfolio that fit into the marketing strategy.
- You are responsible for developing products from concept through prototype to a final product based on a proactive approach.
- You exploit production technical possibilities and integrate digital opportunities into the full consumer experience.
- You source ideas both internally and externally, tendencies and cultural patterns are your raw material.
- You have a nose for design and innovation, you excel in your creativity and visualization, you have a passion to think about new challenging concepts,
- shape, color and material.
- You closely monitor and investigate trends and technological developments and translate these experiences into new or improved products.
- You can come up with several concepts for the same question
- You prepare budgets for development processes.
- You take the necessary steps regarding brand and product protection.
- You are pragmatic in accommodating the technical restrictions linked to the nature of our products (fire, gas, food processing and international)
- You keep an eye on proper planning so that the projects are delivered within the agreed deadline.
- You can convincingly present the results of the development activities to internal and external customers and clearly state why you prefer one result to
- You report to the COO and you’ll lead a small R&D team and work closely with purchasing, marketing and suppliers.
- You contribute as part of the management committee to the future of Barbecook.
- You received a higher (technical) education, such as an industrial engineer or master in product development
- You already have experience as a product developer and are familiar with 3D software (preferably Solidworks)
- You are naturally creative, you love design and you have an eye for detail
- Deadlines motivate you
- You are a networker and bridge builder
- You are a consumer-focused and initiative-oriented team player, with a hands-on mentality
- You have a strong knowledge of production processes and quality management
- You are innovative, organized and solution-oriented
- You go abroad a few times with enthusiasm (suppliers + scholarships)
- You can express yourself fluently in English and preferably have a first experience with collaborating with external production partners (Europe & Asia
If interested, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org